Friday, April 25, 2003

[I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS STARTED READING FROM THE VERY FIRST ENTRY AT THE BOTTOM (APRIL 23, 2003) INSTEAD OF THIS ONE--IT WILL MAKE MUCH MORE SENSE THAT WAY.]

Just sent out announcements about this blog to some of my favorite superhero and cop-related Yahoo groups and to men who have written me about my fan fiction or my (still pretty skimpy) website. I don't currently plan to publicize this journal much beyond my fellow fetishists, because I'm really interested in a conversation among people who are already on the same wavelength. And as you can already tell, the kind of discussion I want to generate is a lot more, uh, intellectual than the usual jerk-off prose (much as I love that, too). I don't know if anybody else is into philosophizing about their fantasies or not, but I really think I'm doing this more for myself than other people. (I would love to write about this stuff under my real name in actual print publications, but I don't feel comfortable being that public at the moment, and I'm not sure that such publications exist.) If you like what you see here, stick around and keep coming back for more. (If you're NOT into listening to some guy ramble on about the "political and spiritual dimensions" of his sex life, you're probably already gone.)

I just hope I haven't jumped the gun by spreading the word before I really know what I'm doing, techwise. It's sort of like inviting people over for a housewarming party before I've even finished putting up the living room walls. Every fucking post so far has been way trickier to post than I would like. (On the other hand, teaching myself the basics of blogging has become a GREAT excuse to avoid doing a much more boring paying job which was due two days ago--like every other webmaster and blogger since 1994, right?) I'll figure it out sooner or later. Let me know what you think in the meantime.

PS. Maybe I should start spicing these entries up with random lines like "He clutched the stiff upper edge of his utility belt with his gloved hand" so the blog will begin turning up in search engines and attract even more perverts to my little den of evil...

No comments: