Monday, May 30, 2005

Read all about it...

The countdown to Batman Begins continues, and for the last month I've been meaning to post an entry here about the "Batman Movie Issue" (#164) of Wizard, which is still on the stands as I write, though no longer hot off the press. It's a must-own, if you ask me.

In the process of looking for a URL to post for the issue, I came across this story from 2003 in which three out gay comics writers do a "Queer Eye"-style makeover of several characters, which is also worth checking out. I have a funny feeling I already wrote about this, but it seems unlikely--I only read fanboy magazines when it looks like there' s going to be something major about something that really excites me. And the couture of the Martian Manhunter is not one of those subjects.

But the release of this new bat-movie is, so I'm eagerly scanning the magazine racks for more, like the recent cover shot in Premiere. (Accompanying article doesn't strike me as essential.) Thanks to corporate synergy, there should be branding aplenty in the next few weeks. Bring it on, I say!

No comments: